In the Hall of the Mountain King
This arrangement of Edvard Grieg's In the Hall of the Mountain King (from Peer Gynt Suite) is for piano duo (2 pianos/4 hands). This famous march of the troll king builds in intensity to create an exciting performance piece for Intermediate pianists. One copy required for performance. Number of pages: 6. Approx. Level 5.
This duo is perfect for you if you want:
- an arrangement of Grieg's famous theme in ensemble form
- a duo in which Piano 1 and Piano 2 are equal difficulty
- a duo in which Piano 1 and Piano 2 carry melodic importance
- an impressive performance piece for two pianos
- exciting new rep for your Classical music-loving students
I wrote this fun arrangement for a piano duo class in our local music festival a few years ago. It stays true to the original key (B minor) which can be tricky to get the fingers around....but it also sounds more authentic! Intermediate students of any age will enjoy putting this one together. So if you're looking for an arrangement of a famous theme for 2 pianos/4 hands, In the Hall of the Mountain King is for you!