Masquerade is an advanced piano double duo (2 pianos/8 hands). This dramatic arrangement of Sergei Prokofiev's Montagues and Capulets (from the ballet Romeo and Juliet) will captivate your audience! Total number of pages: 29. One copy required for performance. Approx. Level 8. Click BUY NOW to purchase pdf from Debra Wanless Music.
This ensemble is perfect for you if you want:
- an exciting quartet for advanced students
- a great exercise in counting and dotted rhythms
- an arrangement of a segment from the ballet Romeo and Juliet
- a performance piece for your next two-piano recital
- a challenge for the teens in your studio
Montagues and Capulets-- Dance of the Knights-- is an all-time favourite theme of mine, so I wanted to write an arrangement of it for two pianos. I strove to keep the music closely aligned to the original in hopes that some of the dramatic orchestral effect is preserved. If you love famous Classical themes, or are teaching 20th century music history in your studio, then Masquerade is for you!