The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
The Sorcerer's Apprentice is an elementary piano double duo (2 pianos/8 hands). This spirited arrangement of the famous symphonic poem by Paul Dukas makes for great performance fun! Staggered entries and single staff reading make this a good choice for a first quartet. One copy required for performance. Number of pages: 8. Approx. Level 3.
This ensemble is perfect for you if you want:
- an accessible quartet for elementary students
- a great exercise in counting and teamwork
- an arrangement of a segment from the Disney movie Fantasia
- a performance piece for your next two-piano recital
- a challenge for the tweens in your studio
The Sorcerer's Apprentice is a favourite theme of mine, and I couldn't help writing an arrangement of it for two pianos. I wanted to write for an elementary audience but couldn't help preserving the original key of F minor...so to simplify the reading we notated each part onto a single staff, which works really well! If you love Classical themes, or are teaching Impressionistic music/music history in your studio, then The Sorcerer's Apprentice is for you!